1) The curse of the narcissus fly, also called bulb fly. Truth be told, it is not the fly that causes the damage – it is the larvae that eat the bulbs from the inside out.
2) The delight of Helleborus x sternii in our woodland areas. Green flowers have a charm of their own.
3) Grow it yourself: runner beans, or climbing beans this week.
4) I have been re-posting Outdoor Classrooms in a more user-friendly format. This takes a while and I have quite a few still to go but some are done should you wish to know how to renovate old camellia plants, or most of what you are likely to need to know about making compost (in a step by step 3 part series), maybe you fancy making a bamboo obelisk, or you need to prune your apple trees or maybe hydrangeas.
5) Spring is arriving here with its usual rush. If you a Facebook person, you can get the photos posted on your Facebook timeline if you “like” our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/thejurygarden) as the parlance goes.